By Aaron S. Robertson
Now, I can’t always name ‘em all off the top of my head, but I just know ‘em when I see ‘em. Those old-time values. Here are a few of ‘em:
1) Hard work
2) Truly understanding the value of hard work (see #1)
4) Paying your bills
5) Cleaning your plate (that’s why ol’ Aaron can afford to lose a few pounds, hehe)
6) Appreciating what you have
7) Using the local greasy spoon diner as a hub for community news, making new friends, keeping old friends, and getting a mighty-fine breakfast served with a little ol' fashioned TLC
8) Cleaning your plate at the local greasy spoon diner and tipping your servers at least 20% (see #6)
9) Drinking coffee throughout the day and night like it’s water, preferably black
10) Desiring to see your country return to being a manufacturing empire and once again supplying the world with heavy equipment and high-quality parts, instead of us just serving each other cups of coffee and pizzas.
11) Put down the fuckin’ cell phone, stop texting, and try connecting with another human being face-to-face.
There you have it. Those old-time values.
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like the post, #workinglivesmatter.