By Shelley Lowery
1. FREE... I got your attention, didn't I. Offer a free report, ebook or "how to" course. Information is the top selling product online. You can use this to your advantage by offering free information.
• As a sample of your information product (teaser)
• To identify a problem and promote your products or services as the solution
• To bring traffic to your site
Providing free information is a great way to build a targeted list of contacts. Pick up free autoresponders at the following sites:
SendFree - http://www.sendfree.com/
GetResponse - http://www.getresponse.com/
For more information about creating an ebook read the article entitled, "How To Create An Ebook & Drive Massive Traffic To Your Site By Giving It Away."
2. Newsletter (ezine) - Start your own newsletter and begin creating your online community of contacts. Visit Yahoo Groups to create your list, free. http://groups.yahoo.com/
3. Write Articles - There are thousands of online publications looking for quality content. Writing and distributing your articles will provide you with free massive exposure. After you've written your article, subscribe to these publications to assist you in getting published.
4. Ezine Advertising - Place your ad in targeted ezines. Ezine advertising will enable you to reach thousands of targeted potential customers very inexpensively. Visit the Directory of Ezines to find a complete listing of publications, ad costs, circulation and more. http://www.web-source.net/cgi-bin/t.cgi?l=doe
5. Pay-Per-Click Programs - Pay-per-click programs will enable you to advertise to your target audience and only pay for results -- you pay a set amount for each visitor that is sent to your web site. The most popular pay-per-click program is the pay-per-click Search Engines. You can learn more about pay-per-click Search Engines here: http://www.payperclicksearchengines.com/
6. Advertising - Google AdWords provides a simple way to purchase highly targeted advertising, regardless of your budget. Unlike other sites selling banner ad space and pay-per-ranking, AdWords provides advertisers with highly effective text ads that are displayed with the search results. Studies have shown that highly targeted keyword advertising produces an average of four times the industry standard clickthrough rate. For further information, visit Google AdWords: http://adwords.google.com/
7. Press Release - Write a quality press release about your product or service and tell the world! For more information on press releases, visit any of these sites:
CanadaOne provides a free interactive press release builder. http://www.canadaone.com/promote/pressrelease.html
Gebbie Press provides over 10,000 links to print and electronic media on the Internet.
Automated Press Releases will enable you to send your press release to over 10,000 publication contacts. You write your press release or they'll write it for you.
8. Networking (Joint Ventures) - Create a network of like-minded marketers to help promote one another, provide recommendations and exchange prominent links. Note: Be cautious when selecting your networking partners and making recommendations as your reputation is on the line. Only network with individuals you truly believe in. Visit Google to search for potential joint venture partners. http://www.google.com/
9. Discussion Groups & Forums - Subscribe to appropriate email lists and visit discussion boards to participate in online discussions. Although blatant advertising is not permitted, most of the time, signatures are acceptable. Visit Web-Source.net for a listing of discussion boards
Visit Email Universe for a complete listing of email discussion lists.
10. Offline Promotions - Advertise in newspapers, magazines, radio and TV. Visit the following sites for complete listings.
Copyright © Shelley Lowery
About the Author:
Shelley Lowery is the author of the acclaimed web design course, Web Design Mastery. http://www.webdesignmastery.com/ And, Ebook Starter - Give Your Ebooks the look and feel of a REAL book. http://www.ebookstarter.com/ Visit Web-Source.net to sign up for a complimentary subscription to Etips and receive a copy of the acclaimed ebook, "Killer Internet Marketing Strategies." http://www.web-source.net/
Post a Comment